Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hello, Library!!

This week the boys and I have kept busy traveling around the city to various libraries for toddler storytime. Carson just reached the age requirement so he can come too. We went to 2 of them this week and since they're only 20 minutes long, I figured I could probably handle taking them by myself. The first one was a little scary. Nolan immediately started crying and asking me if he could go to time-out...a tactic he uses when he doesn't want to be involved with something. To buy some time for myself, I told him we would ask the teacher where the time-out spot was when she was done reading the story. He kept persisting but I told him it would be very rude to interrupt the teacher when she was reading to the class. I'm not going to lie, it's humiliating when your child repeatedly asks you to put him into time-out. I'm sure there were some stares, but I carried on with my business anyway. By the time storytime was done, he had completely forgotten about time-out and was just ready to read books and color. Phew! The second one this week went a little better, but still there were requests to leave. I promised myself that I would keep taking them to these storytimes because it's a good experience for the boys to be around other kids, and it sure helps to break up my day! Especially since we can't always go outside anymore, it really helps to do something other than stay at home and play with toys.
We also went to McDonald's this morning and ended up staying there for 2.5 hours. The boys had so much fun in the play-area and since we haven't been there in a few weeks, it seemed all new to them again. Of course I feel like they need a thorough scrub-down after we leave the place, but oh well.
Play-doh time!

Nolan making his "wormies" with play-doh.

Funny boy!

I think Nolan looks like such a "big kid" in this photo!

Carson's probably confused why mom hasn't kicked the dog out of the bed yet!

Buds.

Coloring sheets we got at the library.

Carson in a tunnel at McDonald's.

This was a little embarrassing...these two kept screaming down at a family eating their lunch from the top of the play structure at McDonald's. It was pretty funny, though.

"No, mom! We're not ready to go home yet!!"

Boo! Carson thought this was hysterical to dangle his head over the edge...great signs for the future, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment