Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mommy The Bear

This morning Nolan was flipping through some older photo albums and looking at pictures from when he was a baby. I showed him some pictures taken from Hilton Head Island, a vacation spent with Noah's family in May of 2009, in which I was about 7 months pregnant. Nolan found a picture of me swimming in my gigantic-sized maternity swimsuit. I saw him staring at it for awhile and then he started smiling. He looked at me and said, "Mommy, you kinda look like a bear!" (Thanks!!) This was our following conversation:

Me:  "Does mommy look like a little bear or a big bear?"
Nolan:  "A big bear."
Me:  "Does mommy look like a hairy bear or a soft bear?"
Nolan:  "A hairy bear."
Me:  "Does mommy look like a pretty bear or an ugly bear?"
Nolan:  "An ugly bear with spikes!"

...I figured I better leave it at that!

*                                        *                                     *

This afternoon I let Charlie outside to go to the bathroom. The boys watched him from the door and saw him going poop. When he was done and ran to the door, Nolan let him in and said, "Good job, man."

No comments:

Post a Comment