Saturday, January 29, 2011

Walks, Triangles, and Other Fun Facts!

Noah got home early on Friday and it was such a beautiful afternoon that we bundled the boys up and went for a walk in our neighborhood. We haven't been on a walk in months, and it was so nice to get outside again. Really hoping that spring is coming soon because these boys LOVE the outdoors! We started out putting them in the stroller, but they really just wanted to walk on their own two feet. Once we got back home, they were both fascinated with finding big blocks of ice to throw down into the sewer drain. I guess you could say we're lucky since we have a sewer drain right by our driveway (lucky us!) so it was easy access for the boys.

I included a video of Nolan displaying his newly acquired skill: drawing triangles. He mastered circles long ago and probably 3 weeks ago I introduced him to triangles. I broke it up by the word (tri-an-gle) and for each sound I would make a line until it formed an actual triangle. I think that little technique really helped him because when he draws them, I'll almost always catch him saying "TRI-AN-GLE!" and there it is! He's making better triangles than me these days! And little Carson's been making lots of circle shapes too. He learned that probably a month ago...maybe a little longer. I taught him a sound technique for circles as well and I'll always hear him saying it when he draws circles. It's so cute! He'll say "ciiiiiiiir-CLE!" with the last part at a higher pitch and very short.

I'm also including some "fun facts" about the boys. With Carson hitting his 18-month milestone tomorrow, I'm reminded of the cute things him and Nolan are both doing these days. (This is also for my benefit, so I can look back and reminisce...).

Carson
* Has a foot fetish! He's always wanting me to take off my socks so he can kiss, smell, bite, just be in my feet! He likes his feet too but seems to gravitate towards mine. This is a funny story and I'm really bummed that I didn't have my camera out...Carson had a really snotty nose and was once again grabbing at my socks asking, "Toesies?"..."Toesies?" Well, I was wearing a pair of black socks and took them off so he could see my toes. He got this big smile and dove his face into my feet. When he came back up, the snot on his nose basically glued my black sock lint all over his chin and cheeks! His hair was all wild and he had this black lint stuck all over his face....H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S!! I was losing it!!!

* We rarely put onesie p.j. sleepers or onesie outfits on Carson anymore because his biggest self-soothing technique is to lift his shirt and caress his tummy! Sometimes I'll peek in on him before going to bed and see that his shirt has been lifted way up to his armpits. He loves touching that tummy!!

* He loves handing trash or toys or really anything lying around to me or Noah. He'll grab something and run over to us, "Ear, Mommy!" or "Ear, Daddy!" It's adorable.

* Loves waving to us from across the room. "Hi, Mommy!" And he always has a big wave to go along with it.

* Has really learned how to joke with AND push Nolan's buttons. Taunts Nolan with a toy and then charges down the hallway wanting Nolan to chase after him.

Nolan
* Always requesting that mommy put on her "Ming-Ming" coat, as he calls it. Him and his brother love watching "The Wonder Pets" on Nick Jr. and there's a duck named Ming-Ming who wears a green cape. My winter coat is green-ish as well and I'm always asked to put it on and zip it up "all the way to the top" so Nolan can pretend that I'm Ming-Ming. Then I'm instructed to say things that Ming-Ming says on the show. I've been trying to hide my coat (because it becomes quite the process), but he always seems to find it!

* Is really starting to question Noah and I if we remember certain people, places that we went, parts to a story, etc. He'll get this big smile on his face and say, "Mommy, do you remember the ghoul?" (There's a ghoul page in one of his favorite books right now). It's pretty impressive the things that he remembers!!

* Gets within 1-inch of Carson's face and will ask, "Carson, can you say Disney World?", "Carson, can you say Magic Kingdom?", "Carson, can you say animal?" It's so darn cute! I think it's pretty incredible watching them communicate with each other because Carson definitely understands what his brother is asking him and he'll almost always answer back with repeating what Nolan asked him to say. We love watching this!!

* Nolan and Carson have this goofy game that they play with each other (although I don't know how it ever started, but they sure seem to know what's going on!). It usually happens in the bath-tub, but I've seen them do it in the living room too. Nolan will get close to Carson with this big grin on his face and say, "Sorry Carson!" And sure enough, Carson gets a big grin as well and starts waving his arms around and making this goofy squeal sound and then they both laugh. Then Nolan will start again, "Sorry Carson!" And Carson will start waving his arms and squealing! Pretty soon, we're all laughing!!!

On our walk.

This is always a task...

That's what brothers are for!

Carson getting ready to throw his ice block down the sewer.

On the hunt for the best ice blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment